Casino, nature and fun destinations: Brazilians cross the border to gamble and have fun
Fans of casino games are living through what could be a historic moment. After the debate was launched, the political class mobilized and looks like casino games will be released soon, in a movement of wills that crosses several parties. Despite opposition from the evangelical bench, it seems that there are strong possibilities that President Dutra's ban, in force since 1946, will actually be lifted.
The release would include not only casinos in general, but also bingo halls, poker games, slot machine (or slot machines, as they are better known among us) and sports betting.
Travel to Puerto Iguazú and Ciudad del Este
The biggest losers will undoubtedly be the casinos of Puerto Iguazu (Argentina) and city of the east (Paraguay), which took advantage of the proximity of the Triple Border to attract Brazilian players who were prevented from taking risks. But that doesn't mean you stop traveling to these cities. Together with Foz do Iguaçu, they form a kind of “Triple City” with several attractions, in addition to gambling houses. Look:
– Iguazu Falls – This immense phenomenon of nature is to Brazilians, and to South Americans in general, what Mecca is to Islam: you must go there at least once in your life, if not more. It is on the Argentine side that you can get very close, by boat, and feel the immense force of nature.
– Duty Free Shopping – If you want to bring some second-hand items and benefit from the absence of fees, Duty Free is for you.
– IceBar Iguazu – Imagine walking into a bar where everything, even the glasses, is made of ice, and the temperature reaches -10ºC! One hell of an experience.
– Staying in a “jungle hotel” – There are several options for conventional accommodation, but you may prefer to stay in an accommodation in the Atlantic Forest ecological reserve, near Puerto Iguazú.
– 3D Museum – In Ciudad del Este, you can find more than 100 paintings in 3 dimensions, being the only museum of its kind in Latin America.
– Garden and Landmark of the Three Borders – The point where the three countries meet is symbolically instructive, especially for children, remembering that the wars of the past can serve as a lesson for the peace of the future.
Note: if you are thinking of taking the opportunity to drive in neighboring countries, prefer the Argentina to Paraguay. You will be able to obtain the Green Card so that your insurance will protect you even when driving on Argentine roads, but you cannot do the same for the Paraguay. In addition, there are several reports pointing out that Argentine roads are safer than Paraguayan ones.
Dica extra para reservar hotéis
Passagens aéreas mais baratas
Para economizar com voos, consultamos primeiro as passagens aéreas na MaxMilhas, - quase sempre encontramos os melhores preços tanto no Brasil quanto no exterior. As passagens podem ser emitidas mesmo para quem não tem milhas aéreas.
Outras dicas úteis
Encontre informações úteis sobre os best destinations do mundo, com guias de viagens especializados sobre diferentes places to visit in Brazil e no exterior. São milhares de travel tips com sugestões de onde ir na sua viagem, recomendação de hotels, notícias atualizadas e muito mais.Precisa de um carro na sua viagem? Encontre aluguel de carro na Rentcars e cote modelos diferentes podendo ser parcelado em até 10x. Já para passeios e ingressos antecipados, fechamos tudo sempre pela Get Your Guide.
Deseja falar com a redação, promover a sua marca ou relatar algum erro encontrado nesta página? Envie uma mensagem para [email protected]
Subscribe to our channel:
Plan your Trip