in Europe the railway lines are very common among the population and tourists. Surprisingly, it's a quick way to get to know different regions, as well as allowing you to cross long distances in a short time. But here in Brazil the scenery is also very attractive. Therefore, national train rides can guarantee an unforgettable experience.
Certainly, through these tours, the traveler travels scripts that take you to different regions of the Brazil, with landscapes where there are waterfalls, valleys, mountains, fields and viewpoints.
Therefore, we selected some routes of train that take you to unique places. See which one suits your profile and, without a doubt, take a trip to the past, back to the times of rail transport.
Discover 10 train rides to do in Brazil
Serra do Mar – Curitiba (PR) to Morretes (PR)
Exit: Curitiba Bus Station – PR
Destiny: Marumbi/Morretes/Paranaguá – PR
Route: 110 km
- Marumbi State Park, a beautiful region with Atlantic forest vegetation, rupestrian forests and high altitude fields; Marumbi Station where climbers and trekkers descend
- Pico do Marumbi, 1,547m high in the middle of a mountain range
- Waterfalls (70m) of Rio dos Macacos over granite slab
- Panoramic view of Serra da Graciosa
- Curves, tunnels, viaducts and bridges; and guides who tell you about local history and sights
Av Pres. Affonso Camargo, 330 Rodoferroviária Station, downtown Curitiba; tel: (41) 3323-4007.
Train from São João del Rei (MG) to Tiradentes (MG)
Exit: Sao Joao del Rey - MG
Route: 13 km
- Historical cities; roundabout of São João Del Rey station and Railway Museum
- Rio das Mortes, stage of the Emboabas War (1707-1709)
- Serra de São José
- Mining farms.
Av Hermillio Alves, 366, São João Del Rey, MG tel: (32) 3371-8485.
Wine Train – Bento Gonçalves (RS) to Garibaldi / Carlos Barbosa (RS)
Exit: Bento Goncalves – RS
Destiny: Garibaldi / Carlos Barbosa – RS
Route: 23 km
- mountain landscape
- Theatrical performances and typical dances of immigrants
- Wine and Champagne Cheese Tasting
Rua 13 de Maio, 581, store 109, Bento Gonçalves; tel: (54) 3455-2788;
Campinas (SP) to Jaguariúna (SP)
Exit: Anhumas Station in Campinas – SP
Destiny: Jaguariúna - SP
Route: 24.5 km
- Anhumas Station
- Dynamic Museum Railroad Campinas-Jaguariúna
- Strategic stop in Pedro Américo to present the operation of the locomotive and other stations dating from 1920.
Dr Street Antônio Duarte da Conceição, 1500, Campinas,
Sao Paulo; tel: (19) 3207-4290 and 3207-3637
Capixabas Mountains – Viana (ES) to Araguaia (ES)
Exit: Viana Railway Station – ES
Destiny: Araguaia - ES
Route: 46 km
- Capixaba Mountains
- Municipality of Domingos Martins
- Municipality of Marechal Floriano
Rua Gelu Vervloet, 500, Victoria,
Victory; tel: (27) 3237-1789
Blink Horizonte (MG) to Cariacica (ES)
Exit: Belo Horizonte Railway Station – MG
Destiny: Pedro Nolasco Station – ES
Route: 664 km
- Along the way, farms, towns and small communities appear.
- The mighty Rio Doce and its backwaters
- Dams, tunnels, mountain ranges, viaducts and old stations
Rua Aarão Reis, 425, Praça da Estação – Centro – Belo Horizonte,
Belo Horizonte; tel: (31) 3279-4366 (31) 3273-5976 / (31) 3273-5976 – 0800 286 2233 – 0800-985151
Train from Pantanal – Campo Grande (MS) to Miranda (MS)
soutput: Indubrasi train station – MS
Destiny: Miranda Train Station – MS
Route: 130 km
- Serra do Maracaju
- Serra da Bodoquena, and the areas with flowering ipês
- Along the way, rivers and waterfalls make the tour even more surprising due to the beauty of Mato Grosso do Sul's nature.
Large field; tel: (67) 3043-2233
Corcovado Train – Rio de Janeiro
Exit: Bairro Cosme Velho – RJ, daily from 8 am to 6:30 pm
Destiny: Top of Corcovado Hill – RJ
Route: 4 km
- Tijuca Forest
- Christ the Redeemer Monument
- View from Mirante to the city of Rio de Janeiro
- Old Cosme Velho Station
Rua Cosme Velho, 513; tel. (21) 2558-1329.
Railway – Pindamonhangaba (SP) to Campos do Jordão (SP)
Exit: Pindamonhangaba – SP
Destiny: Campos do Jordão – SP
Route: 47 km
- The 47 km route crosses the Paraíba do Sul River Bridge, makes the first stop at Balneário Reino das Águas and heads to Santo Antônio do Pinhal Station
- Vale do Lajeado and Pedra do Baú;
- Campos do Jordão/Santo Antonio do Pinhal:
- Panoramic view of the highest railway point in the country (1,743m),
- Lookout N. Mrs. helper.
- Pindamonhangaba/Parque Reino das Águas Claras
Rua Martin Cabral 87, Pindamonhangaba, SP; tel. (12) 3644-7408 and 3644-7409.
Train in Serra do Navio Amapá (AP)
Exit: Macapá Train Station – AP
Destiny: Serra do Navio Railway Station – AP
Route: 194 km
- The train passes through dense forests, mixes between mountains and mountains of manganese and villages that border the railway.
- Amapari River and its streams
- Porto Grande
- White Stone of Amapari
Tel: (096) 3281-2572
» The most charming roads to travel in Brazil
» 30 travel movies to watch on Netflix
» 10 routes to backpack through Brazil
» Discover the beaches surrounded by cliffs along the Brazilian coast
» 10 unique places around the world that will surprise you
Subscribe to our channel:
Plan your Trip
Do you want to speak to the newsroom or report any errors found on this page? Send a message to [email protected]