Traveling to Europe was once again possible. That's why we prepared this post to answer the main question of travelers: what do you need to enter Europe in 2022? Check out!
Traveling to Europe in 2022 is among the main desires of Brazilian tourists who, with the reopening of borders and the flexibility of security measures, can finally fulfill the dream of knowing more about the Old Continent. Before traveling, however, it is important to find out about the rules for entering the continent, as well as the chosen destination, so you can enjoy the trip the way you always dreamed of.
With that in mind, we prepared this post to answer the main question of travelers who plan to visit a European country this year: what you need to enter Europe in 2022?
To answer this question, we have to talk not only about the documentation necessary for boarding to the continent, but also about accepted vaccines, travel precautions and even the particularities of the chosen destination. The good news is that several European countries have already reopened their borders to tourists coming from Brazil, which makes life easier – and a lot – for those who dream of travel to Europe in 2022.
Documents required to enter Europe 2022
Before we start talking about the documents needed to enter Europe in 2022, it is important to point out that the rules change according to the chosen destination and can usually involve the presentation of the negative PCR test, vaccination certificate and even quarantine. Therefore, it is not possible to talk about what it takes to travel to the continent without mentioning what each country has defined as a criterion for accepting Brazilian tourists.
For example, while Spain, Finland, England, Portugal and Switzerland allow the entry of travelers coming from Brazil fully vaccinated, regardless of the immunizer applied, Germany and France have restrictions on those who have been immunized with Coronavac. Another particularity is that some countries also require a negative Covid-19 test, such as Portugal, and for entry into other nations, such as Spain, it is not necessary to present this document.
But, in addition to what each destination can set as a rule for the entry of Brazilian tourists, you must take into account that the complete vaccination cycle is what guarantees your trip to Europe in 2022. Of the 46 European countries that currently accept the entry of Brazilian tourists, 32 only require proof of vaccination against Covid-19. The other 14 nations require, in addition to proof of vaccination, a negative PCR test or quarantine. Therefore, it is essential to immunize yourself before planning your trip there.
And while most European countries have opened their borders to travel from Brazil, Italy remains closed to tourism. According to the Italian Embassy, Brazilian travelers can only enter the country in case of work, health, study, absolute urgency or return home.
Therefore, in order not to go wrong when planning your trip to Europe in 2022, it is extremely important that you consult the embassy of the chosen destination and the airline to update yourself on the requirements for boarding and entry to the continent. This is because information on the security measures of each country is constantly updated, while health agencies follow the unfolding of the pandemic.
Europe 2022: see list of what you need to travel
So let's get down to business? Check out below what you need to enter Europe in 2022: up-to-date documents, boarding rules, accepted vaccines, travel precautions and, above all, information to make your experience unforgettable.
- Vaccination Certificate: the document has become essential for post-pandemic travelers, and for those planning to travel to Europe in 2022, it is no different. However, it is necessary to pay attention to the fact that, in order to be valid, the Brazilian Vaccination Certificate - issued through the Connect SUS – must be translated into Spanish, English, French or German. Currently, European countries accept the entry of tourists immunized with two doses or a single dose of the following vaccines: Pfizer, Janssen, Moderna, Astrazeneca, CovidShield and CoronaVac - the last two with restrictions in some countries.
- Health form: Some nations, such as Germany and Spain, also require the completion of an online health control form before entering the country.
- Negative Test for Covid: depending on the destination chosen, in addition to the Vaccination Certificate, you may also have to present a PCR Test or Negative Antigen, or even comply with quarantine.
- Boarding rules: although Brazilian travelers do not need a visa for tourist trips to Europe lasting less than 90 days, it is necessary to present the following documents at the time of boarding:
- Return ticket: with a return date with a maximum limit of 90 days;
- Travel insurance: Schengen countries require travel insurance with medical and hospital coverage of at least 30,000 euros. It is also worth taking out Covid travel insurance, which guarantees medical assistance for the beneficiary in case of infection with the disease.
- Proof of hosting: hotel reservation or invitation letter, if you are staying with family or friends;
- Financial proof: bank statement, credit card or cash with sufficient value to cover expenses during the trip;
- Proof of reason for travel: documents that show the tourist motivation for entering the continent;
- Valid passport: document valid for more than 3 months after leaving the country of destination.
The above rules apply to adult travelers. Children under 12 years old can travel without proof of vaccination or presentation of a PCR-Negative Test to several countries in Europe, as long as they complete the health control form and are accompanied by a fully vaccinated traveler of legal age or authorized to travel.
And, as we have already said, it is extremely important that you consult the embassy of the chosen destination in order to travel with more tranquility, fulfilling all the requirements demanded by the country for the entry of tourists. That way, you can enjoy – and a lot – your trip to Europe in 2022.
Dica extra para reservar hotéis
Passagens aéreas mais baratas
Para economizar com voos, consultamos primeiro as passagens aéreas na MaxMilhas, - quase sempre encontramos os melhores preços tanto no Brasil quanto no exterior. As passagens podem ser emitidas mesmo para quem não tem milhas aéreas.
Outras dicas úteis
Encontre informações úteis sobre os best destinations do mundo, com guias de viagens especializados sobre diferentes places to visit in Brazil e no exterior. São milhares de travel tips com sugestões de onde ir na sua viagem, recomendação de hotels, notícias atualizadas e muito mais.Precisa de um carro na sua viagem? Encontre aluguel de carro na Rentcars e cote modelos diferentes podendo ser parcelado em até 10x. Já para passeios e ingressos antecipados, fechamos tudo sempre pela Get Your Guide.
Deseja falar com a redação, promover a sua marca ou relatar algum erro encontrado nesta página? Envie uma mensagem para [email protected]
Subscribe to our channel:
Plan your Trip